The Beat Your Best Challenge!

November 14, 2014

I've decided (at the very last minute!) to take part in Karsyn's Beat Your Best Read-a-thon! Some general info about the challenge:
Beat Your Best is a brand new read-a-thon, running Nov 15-22. ByB is a completely laid back challenge in which you choose how you will beat your own personal best when it comes to reading. This can be done in small or big ways, and is just meant to encourage you to push yourself with your reading in any way that you choose.
This challenge is more open-ended than most. I'll have a primary and secondary challenge for myself—the first is a must, and the second would just be icing on the cake.

1. The challenge offers "finishing a series" as an example goal, and I think it would be a great opportunity for me to dust off my copy of The Return of the King and finally finish The Lord of the Rings trilogy! I read The Hobbit in 2012 and The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers back in early summer 2013, but I fell off the wagon with the last of the series. Time to close out my time in Middle Earth once and for all!

2. Another example goal is reading more books than you typically do in a week. I usually finish about two, so I'm going to challenge myself to read three! Full disclosure: this may not happen (since, sadly, I do have other things to attend to besides my books), but I thought it would make for a fun second aim.

Happy reading, y'all, and feel free to join up!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I've been trying to get myself to read The Hobbit for a few months now. It's still on the list, but I'm struggling to feel motivated. Your LOTR goal is a noble one! :) Glad you decided to join Karsyn's challenge!

    ReplyDelete

SHAINA INSTAGRAMS (MOSTLY HER CAT)

Subscribe