It's Monday, August 22! What Are You Reading? (The #BoutOfBooks 17 Edition)

August 22, 2016


Happy Monday, book buds! For many of you out there, it's no longer Monday, but I've got Pacific Standard Time on my side these days.

At the very last second (read: this morning), I decided to take part in my third (maybe fourth?) Bout of Books readathon! Here's the lowdown for those not in the know:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 22nd and runs through Sunday, August 28th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 17 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

Long story short: a whole week devoted to getting down and dirty with our reading material. After the craziness of last week's move, an extended, low-key readathon sounded like the perfect way to wind down.

I kicked off the 'thon today by grabbing some Kindle time with Jesmyn Ward's The Fire This Time in a local park. (I hope y'all aren't sick of my photos of Seattle yet, because there are so many more in your future.)


I know I need to lose myself in some fiction after devouring that collection of important but heavy essays and poetry, so I've decided to give N. K. Jemisin's The Killing Moon another go via audio. I will never stop going on about how much I loved The Fifth Season, so here's hoping the third time's the charm with this one! Also, can anyone believe I haven't listened to an audio book since mid-June? Moving, man. Talk to your kids about it.

As has apparently become tradition for me during readathons, I have no formal TBR pile nor any game plan for how the rest of this week will go. I'm insufferably methodical about the rest of my life, but I throw caution to the wind when it comes to communal reading parties.

What are you guys reading this week? Are any of you participating Bout of Books 17?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SHAINA INSTAGRAMS (MOSTLY HER CAT)

Subscribe