The Beat Your Best Read-a-thon (Early) Wrapup

November 22, 2014

So, the BYB read-a-thon. How'd we do?

Technically, the read-a-thon still runs through today, but I wanted to offer an update now because I'm going to be spending the bulk of my day on planes and trains (no automobiles), and the bulk of the next six days eating, drinking and being merry with friends and my boyfriend's family.

I'll definitely be reading when I can, and I'll see if I can squeeze in a post at some point next week. I'm just not positive what my Internet access will be like (and, if we have it, that my boyfriend will let me borrow his laptop to mull over a blog post for hours). 

ANYWAY. 

Eight days, two goals. As of this writing, I've failed to meet either, but I'm confident that I'll fulfill the first during my trip today. I'll be traveling for something like 10.5 hours today, so who knows - maybe I'll even complete both! A girl can dream.

Books read this challenge: 1.66
Pages read this challenge: 633

Thanks again to Karsyn of KaKiJoKoJa for hosting this fun, laidback challenge.

Happy holidays, to those who celebrate. This Thanksgiving, I'm grateful for good food, good friends, and good books!

UPDATE: As of 11:30 PM, I finished The Return of the King, thus completing my primary goal of the read-a-thon!

I, sadly, did not succeed in reading three books this week (my second goal), but that just means I have something to work toward next time. :)

Final stats below:

Books read this challenge: 2.1
Pages read this challenge: 783

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Congrats on achieving your one goal, that's great!! I do hope you had fun!

    I'm sorry I wasn't more involved like I planned to be. I'm usually so active in talking to everyone and having fun, and I just didn't feel up to it this time, which stinks. I'll definitely run it again, and hopefully I'll be able to give it the attention that I had planned on. Thank you for joining tho, next time it'll be better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries at all - I'm just sorry a cold has gotten you down so bad! It was fun to participate, even on my own, and I look forward to when you host another and we can chat more.

      Feel better!

      Delete

SHAINA INSTAGRAMS (MOSTLY HER CAT)

Subscribe