Bout of Books 12: Day 7 Update & Wrap-Up Post

January 11, 2015

Bout of Books
Two posts in one day?! Wowza.

Bout of Books 12 is drawing to a close. This was a fantastic way to kick-start my reading in 2015. I only participated in one of the mini-challenges, but I don't feel too bad about it—my main goal was the reading, after all. As promised, the Twitter chats were awesome (if frantic), and I managed to meet some cool new people through them.

These were my goals for the event, and I'm happy to report that I achieved both during the read-a-thon! Here are my closing stats (as usual, images from Goodreads):

Books started:


 



Books finished:



Pages read: 884

I admire you people who can break it down by minutes/hours read, but I am not on your organizational level.

I can't wait for BoB 13, scheduled to start in May. Before then, I also have another Dewey's 24-hour read-a-thon to look forward to! (If you've never done Dewey's, you totally should. It's completely worth the 48-hour brain fog you'll be in afterwards.)

If you participated in BoB, I hope you had a fantastic read-a-thon! How did you do?

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Didn't you just *love* The Glass Magician? I think the world that Holmberg has created is simply fabulous. Timebound looks really good. I just added to my "I want to read this" list.

    I agree with you -- I don't know how people keep track of hours & minutes. Even if I had a stopwatch at hand, I'd forget to tap it as I went in and out of my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did! It's much different than what I normally read (I usually like to weigh myself down with super heavy books), and it was just too fun. I wrote a review for Paper and Glass, if you want to check them out. (And read more about my neuroses about my book selections.)

      And right? I almost never know how long it takes me to read something. I'm already obsessive and detail-oriented enough, and I think trying to time my reading would push me overboard.

      Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
    2. Okay...see...now I have to add this to my TBR. You guys sold me. :)

      Delete
    3. Ah, yay! Save them for the days you need something light and fun. :)

      Delete
  2. Well done, Shaina! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a successful BoB!! I'm glad that you had so much fun and met your goals. I'm looking forward to Dewey's, especially since my Hubby decided He's going to do it with me, as long as He doesn't change His mind in between then and now. I hope you are still enjoying Timebound!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, nice! I probably couldn't persuade my boyfriend to do Dewey's with me, but he definitely supports me in my pursuit of reading. :) He might be down to do a parallel game-a-thon, though! He has LOADS of games that need playing.

      I am! It kind of got shoved to the back-burner, as I'm trying to finish a few other books that have approaching due dates, but I'm about halfway through now. Can't wait to see what the second half brings!

      Delete
  4. Great job, Shaina! Sounds like you had a great BoB too! I'm ready for May. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Stefani! I really did. :) Anxiously awaiting the next one, too!

      Delete

SHAINA INSTAGRAMS (MOSTLY HER CAT)

Subscribe