It's Monday, July 11! What Are You Reading?

July 11, 2016


I'm officially a quarter of a century old, and my birthday weekend was a smashing success. I ate and drank many wonderful things (including this carrot cake) and spent a lot of quality time with friends. Mostly important, I did not get trapped on a space station for the rest of my life—my group and I made it out with four minutes to spare! If any of you are puzzle fiends and have the opportunity to try out an escape room, I highly recommend it.


I also got some birthday books, because this blog has not in fact devolved to a mere journal about my life (yet). I patronized a good ol' local, independent bookstore and walked away with Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City by Matthew Desmond and The Natural Way of Things by Charlotte Wood. The latter in particular was eluding me at the library. I could not be more excited to read both of them.

A photo posted by Shaina (@shainareadsbooks) on


Things are still slow on the reading front overall, but I am about halfway through God Help the Child by Toni Morrison. It's short, clocking in at just 179 pages. If you've read any Morrison, you know why I'm taking my time with each and every page. I'm not loving it as much as I've loved her past work so far, but I'm reserving my final judgment until the end.

What are you guys reading this week?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SHAINA INSTAGRAMS (MOSTLY HER CAT)

Subscribe