#BEA16: A Brief Recap and Five Books I'm Super Excited About

May 21, 2016

I attended Book Expo America for the very first time last week. I came a day late, and it still managed to be a whirlwind of logging countless miles on the showroom of Chicago's McCormick Place and meeting and greeting a slew of wonderful bookish people who (surprise!) do exist outside of the Internet. I did not take nearly enough pictures nor eat nearly enough deep dish pizza, but the trip was otherwise a great success!

I jacked Julianne's photo of me, her and Shannon because it's my favorite. I also met Katie, Michelle, Marisa, Catherine, Kristen, Beth, Jenna, Emily, Kerry, Rachel and Janani and had many other brief, exciting encounters. Beth wrote a spot-on assessment of the social aspect of BEA, and I'll defer to her to summarize my thoughts for you.


All told, I walked away with 28 books and several single-issue comics. I'm glad I resisted grabbing more, because I only just managed to get them all home without shipping a thing. Yesterday, I tweeted about five that I'm particularly excited about.


Did you attend BEA?! (If so and we didn't meet, why not?) What loot are you most excited about?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SHAINA INSTAGRAMS (MOSTLY HER CAT)

Subscribe