It's Monday, May 2! What Are You Reading?

May 01, 2016


You know how I mentioned I was trying out The Raven Boys, despite not often reaching for YA? Well, I just might have flown through it and already checked out the rest of the audiobooks in Maggie Stiefvater's Raven Cycle, including last week's release, The Raven King. The audio came out at the same time as the print book (pretty darned thoughtful, if you ask me). I've been doing a long-distance buddy-listen with Janani of The Shrinkette, and I've loved being able to shout incoherently at her and others about certain plot points. (P. S. Thank you for listening to me shout incoherently. You know who you are.) Right now, I'm a third of the way through The Dream Thieves and hope to start Blue Lily, Lily Blue before the week is out.

Stiefvater commanded most of my attention last week, but I did manage to find time to finish listening to In Cold Blood by Truman Capote over the weekend. I am flabbergasted by the amount of reporting that would have been required to fully flesh out each of the people involved in and surrounding the Clutter family murder and its investigation. I have more to say about that, but I'll save it for the mini-reviews that I will (hopefully!) be putting up this week.

Once I work through what's already on my plate, I'm hoping to jump in on Andi and Melissa's #SmashYourStack event later this month. Unfortunately, my hopes aren't the highest:



And that's all she wrote. What are you reading today?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SHAINA INSTAGRAMS (MOSTLY HER CAT)

Subscribe