R(eaders) I(mbibing) P(eril) X: Get Your Creepy Reading On

September 09, 2015


An event devoted entirely to creeptastic reading? Do you even need to ask? Sign me up!

Hosted by the lovely ladies over at The Estella Society, the tenth year of R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril runs from September 1 to October 31 and encourages readers to dive in to the spookier side of reading. Got a thriller, mystery, short horror story, or Gothic novel you've been wanting to read? It all counts! The rules are fast and loose, as are the expectations (namely, read and have fun).

There are a whole bunch of R.I.P. challenges, and you can read more about all of them at the link above. I'll be taking part in two.


Read four books that qualify as R.I.P. literature. I'm already more than halfway there, having finished Ring over the weekend and the last twenty minutes of (the jaw-dropping narration of) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest this morning. If the story continues along its current path, I'm thinking The Heart Goes Last will count for its utopia-gone-wrong. That just leaves one pick, and I'm leaving it open to where my whims take me.


Pretty self-explanatory: watch a movie that gives you the heebie-jeebies. After an amazing audio experience with One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, I'm making it a priority to watch the film sometime over the next two months. It's critically-acclaimed, one of just three films to have ever won the Big 5 Academy Awards, and Jack Nicholson is real good at being unsettling.

Really.
Turn on all the lights in the house and hide under the blankets, because it's time to get freaked out, y'all.

Are you taking part in R.I.P. X? Do you have any creepy reads at the top of your TBR?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SHAINA INSTAGRAMS (MOSTLY HER CAT)

Subscribe