The Real Good Roundup, Issue #1: The Best Posts I've Read Lately

September 10, 2015

As much as I love researching and writing my own posts here, I know it's going to get increasingly difficult to do so over the next couple of months. Not only will my writing time dwindle, but so will my chances to read, both book-wise and blog-wise.

If the choice is between reading a book and reading a blog post, the book is going to win 99.999% of the time. Because of this, I let my Feedly backlog pile up, and it can get a little scary in there. In an effort to go into the upcoming fray with a blank slate, I've whittled my feed reader down from more than 100 unread articles to 11 (as of writing this) in just a couple of days. That whole "mark all as read" thing? The rational side of me knows it's a good idea, but the perfectionist side doesn't often let the rational side make decisions.

Anyway, getting to the point: sifting quickly through such a huge number of posts really showed me the sheer volume of excellent content you wonderful bloggers generate each month. To kick off your Friday right, here's a small sampling (in no particular order) of some of the best things I've read recently, both bookish and less so:
I'm thinking of making this post weekly or biweekly, depending on how sorely I'm lacking time or motivation. I hope that it will also serve as inspiration to dive into my Feedly every now and then, no matter how nutty the unread count gets.

Got a particular awesome post you want to share? Drop it in the comments! Self-promotion is A-OK. :)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love this! Second, I completely feel for you about feedly, I never push that button even though it's so tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Second, I completely feel for you about feedly, I never push that button even though it's so tempting.

    ReplyDelete

SHAINA INSTAGRAMS (MOSTLY HER CAT)

Subscribe