It's Monday, October 12! What Are You Reading?

October 12, 2015

Oh, y'all. It's about to be a week. I'm hanging out with Shannon on Planet GRE, but I'm not catching the shuttle back to Earth until Friday afternoon. The test anxiety is setting in, but I know all I can do is keep practicing, eat and sleep plenty, and do my best when the time comes. With any luck, I'll never have to take this darned test again. The silver lining? There's been a whole lot of stress baking going on.

A photo posted by Shaina (@shainareadsbooks) on

All this studying has had me reading in fits and spurts, and I'm sad to say I haven't finished a single book this month, despite being close to the end of both Ancillary Mercy and A Game of Thrones. I'm hoping that Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon this weekend will help me get some pages in. In addition to reading, I'll be cheering on Twitter, moderating the Goodreads group for a spell and hosting a super-awesome mini-challenge right here on the blog—phew. Stop by during the event on Saturday to check out my challenge and throw your hat in the ring for a $10 Amazon gift card!

As for what I'll be reading during the week, I'm going to try to finish out What Strange Creatures by Emily Arsenault if/when I'm not furiously cramming in the math. This mystery has been easy to follow, perfect for putting down and picking back up when I have a few minutes, but I'm more than halfway through and still not entirely sure where it's going. The jury's still out on whether that's a good or a bad thing.

What are you reading this week? Will you be taking part in Dewey's?!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SHAINA INSTAGRAMS (MOSTLY HER CAT)

Subscribe