Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts: September 28 Edition

September 28, 2016

Many thanks to Heather of Bits & Books for turning me on to this weekly post! It's hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous.


1. I went on an outrageously beautiful hike in the North Cascades National Park this past weekend. Some friends and I hiked a 7-mile loop up, down and through the mountains, and none of the photos I took do it a bit of justice. I don't know when I'll have another chance to take an all-day trip like this, and I am so glad I seized my chance on Sunday.

My cute friends, my cute boyfriend and some cute mountains.
2. I officially started graduate school on Monday! I'm currently in my Population Health block. For my first assignment, I have to research the social determinants of health and how they intersect and summarize that in five pages, all to be turned in by 6 P.M. this Thursday. You know. Easy peasy.


via GIPHY

3. I am not reading anything. See #2.

4. Wait! That's a lie. I have been squeezing in a few pages of "Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria?" And Other Conversations About Race by Beverly Daniel Tatum. This is such an excellent primer for anyone looking to learn more about racial identity development. I may even be able to use a quotation from it in my paper!

5. I started using my Passion Planner this past week, and so far I've been using it as a daybook. I have never been good at accounting for my time (and, related, feeling like I'm spending my time wisely), so this has been a great exercise in doing that. Happily, I'm pleased with how my month-view for September looks. I accomplished so many things and saw my friends all the time!

6. I started running again. I am a very slow runner, but thankfully Seattle is a gorgeous place for taking your exercise slowly.

Lake Washington, along my running trail.
7. In honor of Monday's U.S. presidential debate, I present to you my favorite thing that this election cycle has given us.

8. I discovered that one of UW's libraries has a room that looks an awful lot like the Great Hall from Hogwarts. While visiting yesterday, I stumbled across (I kid you not) a Triwizard Trivia Tournament. So, yeah. Grad school is the best.

What about you? I want to hear about how much more bookish (or not) your life is lately!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SHAINA INSTAGRAMS (MOSTLY HER CAT)

Subscribe