River City Reading's Library Checkout: January 2016

January 30, 2016


I honestly thought I wasn't going to have two cents to throw in this pot, but what better way to close out the month than with a massive library haul?! All but one of my reads in January qualified for #ReadMyOwnDamnBooks, so I think some borrowed goodies are well-deserved.

Library Books Read

Nimona, by Noelle Stevenson — My heart grew three sizes that day. If you haven't read it already, I really don't know what you're waiting for.

Checked Out, To Be Read

I am so excited for all the nonfiction I got today! Much of it came recommended by Cass, who happens to be a very smart cookie.

The Working Poor: Invisible in America, by David K. Shipler

The Shame of the Nation: The Restoration of Apartheid Schooling in America, by Jonathan Kozol

The Gentrification of the Mind: Witness to a Lost Imagination, by Sarah Schulman

Men Explain Things to Me, by Rebecca Solnit

Delicious Foods, by James Hannaham

The Killing Moon, by N.K. Jemisin (still)

The People in the Trees, by Hanya Yanagihara (still)

Returned Unread

The Possibility of an Island, by Michel Houellebecq

The Dead Ladies Project: Exiles, Expats, and Ex-Countries, by Jessa Crispin

On Hold

None!

Did you live in the library or read your own damned books in January? Link up over at Shannon's blog! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SHAINA INSTAGRAMS (MOSTLY HER CAT)

Subscribe